Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's a little less drafty in here now

I finished the draft blocker today.

I went from this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Taken after two trips to my parents, about 2/3 done)
Plus an hours more kitting, felted it this afternoon, threw in a plastic trash bag,

Added this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(The kitty littler, not the adorable dog, although she did help)

Tied up the ends with crochet chains, and TA DA!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stats:
Yarn: Two strands held together of Lambs Pride Worsted, took a little under three skeins, it was especially close with the green.
Needles: US size 11 Clover Bamboo, 16 inch circulars.
(This was my first time with bamboo, eh; I don't see what the big deal is.)
Time: umm, two trips to my parents, plus another hour umm... three and a half hours, maybe a little more.


I got the pattern from one of the ladies at my local knit night, if she says it's ok, I'll post the pattern a little later.


I really enjoyed this for the nice mindless car knitting, I like being able to keep my hands busy while still being able to watch the landscape and talk to Bill as he drives. It was especially nice on the dark rides home, usually I fall asleep with nothing to do but sit in the dark, but with the kitting I was able to keep awake, and keep Bill company. I think I may start a pair of plain no pattern socks to keep in the car for future rides.

Speaking of socks.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I haven't gotten very far with the hedera look-alikes. This was taken yesterday, and I'm still about an inch away from the heel, I think I've kind of lost steam now that I know they are just for me, maybe once I finish a little more holiday knitting I'll make quicker progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's nice. It does look like good mindless knitting. I'm impressed that you can do it in a car without getting dizzy/nauseous!

Abigail said...

It was super easy,
I can knit (and purl, but I didn't need to here) without looking, so as long as my eyes were able to roam, I couldn't get sick.

(btw, learning to knit without looking is quite easy, and useful!)

Jo said...

Your draft blocker looks great... and I'm very jealous that you can knit two socks at once, I haven't gotten that good yet!

Abigail said...

It's a lot easier than you would think, I actually like it a lot better than one at a time on DPN's because the cord is more flexible and make sit easier for me to start at the toe, and I'm not constantly stabbing myself with tiny pointed sticks. Also, I'm notorious for succumbing to second sock syndrome, and this pretty much eliminates that all together.

Anyways, if you can figure out that heart sachet (which I still haven’t worked up the courage to try) you can do two socks at once easy.

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.