Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Answers

To Abigail (hee, your comment gave me a double take for a moment, I'm not used to seeing other people with my name!):
The pattern for Tasha's socks is a variation on the "scrolls" pattern (page 95) in Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks. But I misread the directions, and made every other row a patterned row instead of every row. (I knit a chart row, then knit a row plain, then knit the next chart row etc.)

It's almost the same as the plain version of Ripple Weave (p 26) from Barbara Walker's third treasury of knitting patterns, but with yo instead of a double increase, and no decreases on plain rounds.


To catsmum:
Work is going wonderfully, things are picking up at the restaurant, our new cook is doing awesome, and loves working, which makes my life easier. We just lost our intern to summer vacation, but we may have a new person coming in after the 16th to be our cook's helper so that Anna (the new cook) and I can have days off once summer gets into full swing. (we need at least two cooks on at all times over the summer)

I've been able to make more knitting time, including starting another pair of socks for myself, but I've been too lazy to actually take pictures, so you'll all have to wait a little longer to see them. (no I haven't finished Tasha's socks, but they are coming along nicely as well.)

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Oh, thank you. I think I shall look that up. I have the BW Book - all 4 to be precise.

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.