Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A butterfly, and more socks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tatted butterfly.

I was talking to one of the ladies in my summer knitting group (a lot less formal that the group that meets during the winter) and she mentioned how she had always wanted to learn how to tat.
So yesterday I took my stuff along and set to teaching her. But before I did that I had to remember how to do it myself. It's been about a year and a half since I did any tatting, so I whipped up this little guy to get my brain and fingers working again. He's tatted using size 10 crochet cotton.

***

Not much progress on Tasha's socks, so you don't get a picture of those, but here's a picture of what has been distracting me from them:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Slip stitch pattern of my own design (although is stupidly simple, kind of like Crusoe from kitty, but not)

Knit in Knit Picks Memories, Morning Glory, on size 1 (2.5mm) Addi Turbos

I'm far to amused by the way the stripes connect from one sock to the other. And I'm in love with the pattern. Here is how the bottom of the foot looks:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Nope said...

AWESOME BUTTERFLY!

Pretty socks, too :-)

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.