Thursday, November 29, 2007

actual knitting content

Christmas knitting is going well, I've finished a lot of dishcloths and I think I finally have enough.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really should move on to finishing the snowflakes I want to put in peoples cards, but instead I have decided to knit a beret.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The slouchy cabled beret

I have never worn or knit a beret (or tam) before. but I really liked this pattern, and hey, you gotta start somewhere! I can be picky about the hats that I wear, so if I don't like it I know my cousin probably would, so I'm not too worried about it finding a home.

the pattern was written with DK yarn and size 5 needles, but I couldn't get the specified gauge (5 sts per inch, no listed in the actual pattern but is listed on the ravely page) so I switched out worsted and size 7 needles instead. otherwise I'm sticking to the pattern.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog really needs to stop posting random entries to my friends list.

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.