Sunday, July 27, 2008

How fair!

This past week, Bill and I ventured out to Watertown to go to the Jefferson County Fair

In order to get from out parking spot to the fairground we had to ride the tram:
Photobucket

once there we went directly to the animal exhibits.

There were cows (no pictures, because I am a bad blogger)

Sheep:
Photobucket

Goats:
Photobucket

Pigs:
Photobucket

And piglets:
Photobucket

Adorable bunnies:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Chickens:
Photobucket

Ducks:
Photobucket

Geese:
Photobucket

And goslings:
Photobucket


then we headed inside to check out the craft exhibits.

Along the way we saw several scarecrows, for the scarecrow competition. This was our favorite.
I think it's supposed to be a bunny, but it looked a lot like our American Eskimo Dog, Cayenne, so we called it an Eskicrow.
Photobucket


Once to the crafts exhibit I had a wonderful surprise,
Socks!
Photobucket

But not just any socks, these socks were knit by one of the wonderful ladies that attended my sock class, and these are the socks she knitted afterwards using techniques I taught her!

How awesome! I'm so proud!

Then, not only were there the above socks, but there were these as well:
Photobucket

Socks she knit using the yarn I gave her for the class!


After all the excitement it was almost time to go home. But not before the traditional fair fare:
Photobucket

Taffy and steaming hot salt potatoes!

Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I should attend your sock class and win blue ribbons! ;-) Though, we may get to giggling too hard to knit straight... And that was a funny looking goose in that one picture ;-)

Me, Myself, and I said...

That's really neat about the sock class winner! But I have to say that your "traditional fair food" is different than mine :-)

Mine is grilled corn on the cob, funnel cake (although that was replaced with sopapilla while living in AZ and now it's not nearly as good!), and caramel covered apples with nuts.

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.