Friday, August 15, 2008

Little chocolate alpaca bon-bons

alpacachocolates full

a couple years ago, when I started spinning, a very nice woman gave me a pillowcase full of alpaca shearing.

I was too inexperienced to know exactly what to do with them, so they sat in my knitting room until recently when I became more confidant in my abilities.

I recently got a pair of dog brushes to use as carders, those are what I used to make the little chocolate alpaca bon-bons. I'm spinning it rather thinly, then Navajo/chain plying it all at once.

the fleece hadn't been washed, so I have to stop every couple of bon-bons to wash my hands, because me fingers begin to get black.

alpacachocolates close


Speaking of spinning, Wednesday after lunch I headed over to the hand weaving museum to join the Wednesday weavers. My spinning teachers get together with a bunch of really nice ladies and weave, and they invited me to come and spin if I wanted. I couldn't go last week. But I made sure my schedule was clear for this week.

secondwheelspunbobin

This is about 1/3 of the squoosh "funny" that I had left over after I spun half up on my tsunami. (I'm Navajo/chain plying that right now too, but It's going slow). Spun mostly long-draw. Next Wednesday I plan on going back and spinning up the rest. I think I'm going to Navajo ply this batch as well; I definitely need more practice with that technique on the wheel.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.