Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Some FOs and an almost FO

Wow a month just disappeared. If you haven't guessed by now, having a baby can be a bit time consuming.

I don't have nearly as much time to knit as I once did, but I do have a few FOs for you.

First, a super easy little hat for TW:

tommy's new blue hat

no real pattern, I just cast on a bunch of stitches, knit around, decreased and then made a little i-cord and knitted it.

Modeled:

in his new hat 02-10-10 1

in his new hat 02-10-10 3

also finished is a knit panel to cover us up when we go for walks:

black seaweed

pattern: seaweed (ravelry link)
yarn: knitpicks WOTA bulkly in coal
needles: US size 9 (5.5 mm)knitpicks interchangeables

I know it doesn't look like much in the picture above, so here's a kinda crappy picture of us in it after we got back from a walk the other day:

after walkies 02-22-10

it's a bit short on top, the pattern says to stop after two inches, but I think I probably could have gone to 4 for better coverage. Ah well.

I also finally finished the purple bluebell socks!

purple bluebell socks finished

and a better picture of the pattern:
purple bluebell socks finished closeup

my usual toe up two at once short row heel pattern, but with the bluebell rib pattern from sensation knitted socks plugged in.

yarn is knitpicks palette in eggplant and clematis heather.

I also have an almost FO:

bsj almost done unfolded

bsj almost done folded

the Baby Surprise Jacket using my own handspun, all it needs is for the shoulder/arm seams to be done up and for me to pick out buttons for it. But I made it in toddler size for next fall, so I'm in no rush to get it done.

2 comments:

Momo said...

At least Esme is willing to help :-)

Nik said...

Your baby is beautiful! I love that cover-up. It's such a clever idea.

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.